Job ID: 10380
Job Function/Type: Manufacturing
Position Type: Full Time Regular
Education Required: No Requirement-HS Diploma/GED Preferred
Experience Required: 3-5 years
Posted On: 04/10/2019
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top reasons to choose BBU:
- Competitive starting rate $$
- Medical/dental available with low premiums
- Retirement Pension Plan Available
- Paid vacation and holidays
- BBU wellness program available
- PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Perform preventive maintenance procedures on plant equipment, building, and HVAC maintenance to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability; food and associate safety, product quality, and do so in compliance with our environmental and social responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Capable of repairing and troubleshooting most bakery equipment and systems.
- Utilizes Lock-Out / Tag-Out, Confined Space, and Hazard Material Handling procedures.
- Provides direct support to production, sanitation and quality systems related to ensuring company policies and procedures along with ensuring full compliance with AIB International and audit compliance criteria.
- Responsible for completing technical work assignments with direction and supervision.
- Capable of identifying equipment parts and components that are required to repair and maintain equipment.
- Capable of performing preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance with nominal technical assistance.
- Recommends solutions to the maintenance supervisor or the peer mechanics to improve equipment performance.
- Capable of overhauling most process systems, and equipment to ensure optimal equipment uptime.
- Performs recommended improvements related to preventive maintenance procedures.
- High School Diploma/ GED preferred but NOT required.
- 2-3 years industrial maintenance experience.
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting knowledge.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Welding, plumbing, and pipe fitting experience.
- Programmable Logic Control troubleshooting experience.
- Technical certification from AIB, or Technical Schools preferred.
- Must be capable of exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Mental and visual ability to identify various parts and read mechanical and electrical drawings, instructions, gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Must be able to do basic math calculations to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.